Information for Decision-Makers
Little time, limited resources, and always more fires to put out than people to do it? Here is a resource that may be helpful if you are dealing with challenges such as these:
- What does climate change mean for my community?
- We need to start thinking about the long-term impacts of climate change - where to begin?
- How prepared is my community for dealing with climate change impacts such as sea-level rise and related coastal hazards?
- How can I plan for an uncertain future if today I’m dealing with the very real and certain impacts of a storm that just came through?
- How do I design a communications and outreach campaign around global warming?
- What is the best way to involve stakeholders in an assessment or decision-making process?
These are the kinds of practice-oriented questions I explore in my research and in my work with policy-makers, planners, and resource managers.
I conduct much of my research in close consultation with policy- and decision-makers. I also help scientists to work more effectively with practitioners. If you are interested in expert advice, please contact me.